Virtual Thrombectomy Summit
Dec 9, 2023 | 8:30 - 11:30 am (US Central)
Pulmonary Embolism (PE) is a devastating disease that affects around 900,000 people every year. If untreated the mortality rate reaches as high as 30%. When diagnosed and treated promptly the death rate of pulmonary embolism is 8%. Up to 105 of patients with acute PE die suddenly.
Endovascular therapies for management of PE has evolved significantly from catheter fragmentation and thrombolysis, to US assisted thrombolysis, large bore catheter thrombectomy and continuous suction thrombectomy. Our webinar today will review the evolution of PE management during the past 2 decades and focus on each treatment option in detail with device descriptions and case reviews.
Upon completion of the Virtual Summit, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of Pulmonary Embolism to human health
- Familiarize with traditional and advanced treatment options available
- Impact of endovascular treatment of PE in patient outcomes
- Understand and prevent potential complications with new devices and techniques.
- Evolution of Endovascular Management in PE, Dr. Osman Ahmed
- Existing data and upcoming major studies on Catheter Directed Therapy, Dr. Akhilesh Sista
- Chronological review of available and upcoming PE Thrombectomy Devices, Dr. Bedros Taslakian
- Small Bore Devices (16 Fr or smaller): Device Description and available data, Dr. Lisa Rauschert
- Large Bore Devices (18 Fr or larger): Device Description and available data, Dr. Vivian Bishay
- Role of Thrombolysis/Thrombolytic catheters, Dr. Pavan Kavali
- How do I choose my patients for anticoagulation, EKOS Thrombolysis, vs Mechanical Thrombectomy?, Dr. Mona Ranade