Virtual Portal Intervention Summit
Originally recorded Sep 23, 2023
Portal Intervention Summit
The Portal Intervention summit will focus on TIPS, RTOs and Portal vein recanalization. Learn technical pearls, new and emergent TIPS, and tools for successful cases.
Upon completion of the Virtual Summit, participants will be able to:
- Attendees should be able to understand the various technical types of Transvenous Obliterations and the inventory needed to achieve such described procedural variants
- Attendees should be able to understand the basic techniques and outcomes of Transvenous Obliterations
- Attendees should be able to understand the ideal candidacy, basic techniques and outcomes of portal vein recanalization
- Attendees should be able to understand the ideal candidacy and outcomes of early and/or emergent TIPS (Trans jugular Portosystemic Intrahepatic Shunts)
- Attendees should be able to understand the basic techniques and gross anatomy & radiographic anatomy required to perform the TIPS-procedure
- Early TIPS: What’s the evidence??
- Making the case for emergent TIPS or not?
- Technical Pearls for TIPS
- Review of the old and the new Tools for TIPS
- Radiographic Anatomy for TIPS-procedure
- Portal access: CO2, US, ICE, etc.
- Stent size, 6, 8, 10mm (do we need a 6mm stent?)
- Stent reduction,
- Endpoint Gradient…evidence based ?
- When do we Embolize the varices after TIPS
- TIPS follow-up, Lower extremity swelling post TIPS
- Ultrasound follow up of TIPS….when and what criteria?