Virtual Liquid & Conformable Embolics Summit
ON-DEMAND (RECORDED ON JUNE 17 2023)
Liquid & Conformable Embolics
Gain insights into this emerging area – what are the new products, how are they used, how can these products be seamlessly incorporated into practices, why is there fear in using them, and more.
Upon completion of the Virtual Summit, participants will be able to:
- Understand the technical factors required for successful delivery of glue in the peripheral vasculature.
- Understand the differences between the available DMSO-based liquid embolic agents and their current status regarding use for peripheral embolization.
- Differentiate between liquids and conformable solids and review how these differences impact utilization for peripheral embolization.
- Gain exposure to potential applications for liquid embolic use for peripheral embolization.
- Liquid materials: what is out there? | Dr. Gary Siskin, Albany Medical Center
- Glue: How chemistry translates into clinical behavior | Dr. Yasuaki Arai, National Cancer Center Hospital
- DMSO based materials: All about the materials’ basics | Pr. Hélène Vernhet-Kovacisk, CHU Montpellier
- Hydrogels: Basics | Dr. Chen Guo, University of Minnesota
- What is Shear thinning and how Obsidio Works | Dr. Kevin Henseler, Midwest Radiology
Tips and Tricks: How to get the best out of each material: Glue, EVOH and DMSO based, Lipiodol, Shear thining, and otherscounseling for PAE – practical tips
Glue: Video cases | Dr. Yasuaki Arai, National Cancer Center Hospital
Lava: What did the study show? | Dr. Bulent Arslan, RUSH University Medical Center
Obsidio: Initial experience | Dr. Kevin Henseler, Midwest Radiology
Lipiojoint: Initial experience | Pr. Marc Sapoval, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou
- Glue in GI bleed | Pr. Romaric Loffroy, François-Mitterrand Dijon University Hospital
- Lipiodol in GAE | Pr. Marc Sapoval, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou
- PAE: Coil out technique with Obsidio | Dr. Jafar Golzarian, University of Minnesota
- Lipiodol/Glue in PAE | Pr. Romaric Loffroy, François-Mitterrand Dijon University Hospital
- Lava in GI Bleeding | Dr. Bulent Arslan, RUSH University Medical Center
- Combination of materials is the future | Dr. Gary Siskin, Albany Medical Center
- Clinical applications of liquid, conformables, combination of embolics, and newer applications such as lipiodol in MSK
- Embolic choice, Endpoints, Catheters