Coil Virtual Summit
ON-DEMAND (RECORDED December 2022)
Learn everything you need to know about using coils and how the materials and characteristics translate into clinical use.
Explore the agenda (or download PDF) and faculty below.
Understanding the Materials – What and IR Should Know
- Coil Materials – the Metals
- Coil Materials – the coating
- Coil Materials – The Manufacturing Process
Understanding the Coil Characteristics: What an IR Should Know
- Summary of Coil Materials
- Engineers Discussion on Coil Characteristics and Trade-offs
- Measuring the Packing Density: Are we accurate and is this helpful?
- Case Discussion: When have we packed enough?
- Debate: Maximizing Vessel Occlusion vs Minimizing Vessel Recanalization – Are these efforts incompatible?
- Hydrogel Coils
- Bare Metal Coils
- Fibered Coils
- Panel Discussion
What is out there? Review of Coils
Case and Discussions – Focus on Technique
- Vessel Sacrifice: Frame and Fill
- Making the Case for Pushable Coils
- Closing Large Vessels – Combining Embolic Materials
- Closing High-Flow Vessels
“Bad Coiling” – Dealing with Mishaps During Coil Embolization Procedures
Case Discussions – Focus on Coil Selection
- Trauma Case: Making the Case for Fibered Coil
- Renal Bleeding: Making the Case for Low-Profile Coils
- Pelvic Venous Disease: Best Coil for Venous Applications
- SMA Aneurysm: Save the Vessel
- Hypogastric Embolization: Newer Coils
- Hemorrhoids: What Coils?
- Adjunctive Coil Embolization in PAE
- GI Bleeding: What Coil Profile Do I Like?
- Embolization of Priapism: Making the Case for Neuro Coils
- Coil Selection
- Back Door/Front Door Coiling. When?
- Anticoagulation and Coiling
- Unmet Needs
- The Ideal Coil
Clinical Use of Hydrogel Coil Technology in Peripheral Embolization
Dr. Dania Daye
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Luc Defreyne
Ghent University Hospital
Dr. Marcel Guimaraes
Medical University of South Carolina
Dr. John Kaufmann
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Jafar Golzarian
University of Minnesota
Dr. Chuck Martin
The Cleveland Clinic
Dr. Parag Patel
Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Rahul Patel
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Dr. Jean-Pierre Pelage
Dr. Gloria Salazar
University of North Carolina
Dr. Marc Sapoval
Université de paris/ Hôpital Européen Georges-Pompidou
Dr. Gary Siskin
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Vincent Vidal
CHU la Timone, Marseilles
Dr. Sarah White
Medical College of Wisconsin
Engineer Emeritus, Penumbra, Inc.
R&D Director, Terumo
Global Product Manager, Cook Medical
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer, Medtronic
R&D Manager, Boston Scientific
Coil Catheter Compatibility at a Glance
During the coil summit, physicians expressed an interest in a quick guide to embolization coil-catheter compatibility. Thanks for Dr. Dania Daye, we are pleased to present the Coil/Catheter Compatibility at a Glance. Fill out the form to the right for immediate access to the guide.